PANAJI (GOA): Adv Aires Rodrigues, who is been booked for alleged sexual harassment by a woman from Siolim, filed a counter complaint at the Anjuna Police Station against the complainant, her husband and two unknown persons for forming an unlawful assembly and criminal trespassing into his office and assaulting him.
Adv. Rodrigues has in his complaint stated that the accused have committed offenses punishable under sections 323, 324, 337,341,342,352,451, 452 read with section 34 and/or 120B of the Indian Penal Code.
Rodrigues was earlier booked by the Anjuna police for alleged sexual harassment and for outraging modesty the modesty of the victim woman after the victim complained of her photo being circulated on social media linking her to a sex scandal.
Adv. Rodrigues stated that on Monday morning at around 8.30 am the accused criminally trespassed and barged into his office at Ribandar and unlawfully restrained him and threatened him as to why he had taken up the issue of the alleged sex scandal involving Goa’s Fisheries Minister Vinod Paliencar to which he stated that he had taken up the issue in Public Interest as he had bonafide reasons to believe that the Minister Vinod Paliencar misusing his position was sexually exploiting vulnerable women.
Adv. Rodrigues has further stated that the video footage of yesterday’s incident clearly evidences the commission of the criminal acts and deeds by the accused.
Adv. Rodrigues has in his complaint also stated that he has bonafide reasons to believe that Fisheries Minister Vinod Paliencar was also a conspirator and mastermind in yesterday’s attack on him as Vinod Paliencar had earlier publicly threatened to unleash anti-social elements unto him at his office in Ribandar.
Adv. Rodrigues has sought that the police secure the call details of the accused including that of Vinod Paliencar, Vijai Sardesai and his associates.
According to a PTI report, when contacted, the minister Vinod Paliencar, who represents Siolim seat, lashed out at Rodrigues.
“It is wrong if any woman’s name is being tarnished by certain individual at the behest of someone. All my voters in Siolim are my people. I meet hundreds of people everyday,” he said.
Mr Paliencar said the incident shows the “culture and upbringing of the social activist who also has a daughter”.
Rodrigues has rubbished this statement and alleged that Paliencar was a conspirator in the assault case. Paliencar was not available for further comment on Aires Rodrigues’ allegations.
- After Sadhvi Saraswati, BJP’s dadagiri in Goa: GCAF to move High Court over Amit Shah meeting at Airport
- How Nilesh Cabral’s version of Francis Pereira’s statements completely differs from Parrikar’s
- Complaint filed by Adv Aires Rodrigues over Goa BJP meeting at Dabolim airport premises
- Health Centres in Goa run out of life-saving medicines as in CM Parrikar’s Panaji constituency, diabetes and other essential medicines not available
- Social activist Adv Aires Rodrigues moves Bombay HC on Amit Shah’s meet at Goa airport
- Goa Congress rips into Amit Shah’s Party Meeting Inside Goa Airport
- HC Raps AAI for Allowing Amit Shah’s Party Meeting Within Goa Airport Premises
- Parrikar admits he wanted Green Tribunal shifted to Delhi, GCAF alleges builder lobby ‘bribed’ him for NGT transfer
- Nilesh Cabral blames ‘coalition compulsions’ read MGP, GFP and Vijai Sardesai for Casinos, says BJP against Casinos
- Illegal Buildings, Modifications, Extensions may face the axe as Goa government to survey illegal structures
- 3 Goa Congress MLAs who cross-voted in Presidential Election “gifted” Rs 15 lakh, boasts senior BJP leader
- We told Goa 2 months earlier, Atanasio Monseratte was compromised by Parrikar, Babush’s joins GFP to ensure Parrikar’s win in Panaji bypolls
- BJP meeting at Dabolim airport was illegal, no permission was issued: Airport director
- Atanasio Babush Monserrate confirms he will contest as the Congress candidate against Manohar Parrikar from Panaji
- BJP spent Rs 1,000 crore to lure Goa MLAs, says Congress, Vijai paid Rs 10 crore CASH