Panaji, Jun 27 (PTI) “He is a father first and then a politician. He will not campaign against me in Valpoi by election,” said former Congress MLA Vishwajit Rane who defected to the BJP and is now the Health Minister in the Manohar Parrikar-led coalition government supported by the MGP and the GFP.
This is what Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane said at a press meet today when asked if his father Pratapsinh Rane, a senior Congress leader, will campaign against him in the by polls in Valpoi, from where he will contest on a BJP ticket.
The Valpoi by poll was necessitated after the minister resigned as Congress MLA to join the BJP led government after the assembly polls in February this year.
Rane said Congress has failed to get a candidate to contest against him in the by election, the dates of which are yet to be announced.
“The Congress is yet to get the candidate. They are swinging between a former AAP candidate and another person who is alleged to be involved in British teenager Scarlett Keeling murder case,” the minister said refusing to name anyone.
The Congress leaders are currently jobless and are dreaming of forming a government in Goa.
“They will continue dreaming as Manohar Parrikar-led government will complete its full tenure,” Rane said.
About his father, he said his father is busy with agriculture which is his hobby unlike many Congressmen who are now jobless.
Rane said the BJP has proved its strength in Valpoi constituency during the recently held panchayat election when all the panch members fielded by the party won. PTI RPS RMT BAS
SOURCE & CREDITS: PTI
- September 18 deadline for Panjim, Valpoi bypolls, CEO suggests holding bypolls before Ganesh Chaturthi
- BJP spent Rs 1,000 crore to lure Goa MLAs, says Congress, Vijai paid Rs 10 crore CASH
- High Court admits Vishwajit Rane’s disqualification petition; refuses interim stay for contesting a by-election
- Is Parrikar “fed up” of Vijai? BJP-GFP honeymoon over as cracks surface in Goa coalition
- Time not yet right, but Goa Congress intensifies efforts to topple Parrikar-led Goa Govt
- We told Goa 2 months earlier, Atanasio Monseratte was compromised by Parrikar, Babush’s joins GFP to ensure Parrikar’s win in Panaji bypolls
- Babush paid Rs 5 crore to campaign for Parrikar, Ashok Naik threatened, alleges GCAF
- Nilesh Cabral blames ‘coalition compulsions’ read MGP, GFP and Vijai Sardesai for Casinos, says BJP against Casinos
- Govt gave in tamely without a fight and bowed to 6th Casino owner Gopal Kanda, reveals Vijai, adding, “I will not allow the Casino to function” – major differences crop up between BJP and GFP on Casinos
- Parrikar misleading Goa on coal issue: Aleixo Reginald Lourenco
- Atanasio Babush Monserrate confirms he will contest as the Congress candidate against Manohar Parrikar from Panaji
- Narcotic plants like cannabis being cultivated along Goa’s border with Maha: Pratapsinh Rane
- Parrikar misusing State infra, machinery, should have resigned as CM: Shiv Sena
- Confirmed: Manohar Parrikar to contest by-polls from Panaji, as Atanasio Monserrate decides to stay away
- Parrikar interfered and stalled police investigation, did not take things seriously, only blamed Congress and did not push police for results, alleges GCAF