PANAJI: With the casino vessel M V Lucky Seven drifting towards the Miramar beach and getting grounded there after hitting a sandbar at the mouth of River Mandovi, Captain of Ports (CoP) James Braganza Monday said that around 12,000 litres of fuel is now being emptied from the vessel so as to lighten it.
Braganza said that once the vessel becomes lighter, it will be towed back to the Mormugao Port Trust provided all weather conditions permit the authorities to undertake the operation. The present weather conditions are not conducive to carry out the operation, he said.
Mayor of the Corporation of the City of Panaji (CCP), Surendra Furtado, refused to comment on the casino vessel and said that the CCP has no role to play with regard to the casino vessel hitting sandbar and getting grounded at the Miramar beach.
A ship salvager from the state Anand Madgaonkar has expressed fear that oil spillage from the vessel could cause irreparable damage to the beach and marine life. Speaking to this daily, he said, “The owner needs to tow it as early as possible but I don’t think it is possible before a week since the weather conditions are not favourable as of now.”
- Govt admits MV Lucky 7 could create a major mess in the sea as well as on Miramar beach if not moved immediately
- Gopal Kanda’s GGHPL paid Rs 5 cr in “bribes” to get Approvals to Move Casino ship MV Lucky 7 to Mandovi river during the monsoon, alleges IACC
- Almost impossible to Move Casino MV Lucky 7 from its current spot, Ship could tilt or break and cause major Environmental damage
- Exclusive Pics: Casino Vessel MV Lucky 7 stuck in a sandbar off Miramar beach, Goa
- Sand dunes and beach stretch eroded as Lucky 7 continues to damage Miramar beach
- Nilesh Cabral blames ‘coalition compulsions’ read MGP, GFP and Vijai Sardesai for Casinos, says BJP against Casinos
- Govt, Owners hid facts from HC: Lucky 7 cannot be re-floated, is beyond repair, will have to be cut up on Miramar beach
- Entry of 6th Casino into Panjim port can endanger lives, cause huge losses to fisher folk: Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco
- Cong demands FIR as Casino Lucky 7 salvage operation postponed once again
- Funding for Goa By-Polls or Panchayat elections? Parrikar Govt working over time to bring in 6th Casino in Mandovi within 3 days alleges Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco
- 6th Casino in Mandovi: Govt playing with the lives and livelihood of poor Goan fisherfolk: Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco
- GenNext requests Panjim CCP and Mayor to pass a resolution to shift Casinos out of river Mandovi
- Gopal Kanda’s company GGHPL paid Rs 5 cr in “bribes” to get approvals for 6th Casino Lucky Seven, alleges IACC
- Anjuna locals angry as illegal hill excavation destroys ‘scenic’ spot
- Venomous marine organisms – blue bottles washed ashore in Mumbai