PANJIM: The towing operation of the grounded offshore casino vessel M V Lucky 7 has again been postponed, this time due to unavailability of a tug boat reports Herald.
Sources said salvage company Arihant Ship Breakers has called for a new tugboat from Mumbai, which will be put to use along with a crane barge to pull the vessel to deep waters.
“The tugboat is expected to reach Goa by Saturday. Once it arrives, the operation will commence,” the source said. Arihant was expected to tow the vessel on Friday afternoon.
“The tide is expected to be favourable on Saturday and Sunday. We hope the vessel is moved out from Miramar beach this weekend,” said an official.
Once in deep waters, the 5,000-odd tonne vessel will be towed to Mormugao Port Trust (MPT) for a survey and further repair works, if any, from where it will be taken to Jaigad dry dock yard.
Congress on Friday demanded that a First Information Report (FIR) be filed against Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar for abetment of criminal negligence that led to the drifting of MV Lucky 7, the offshore casino vessel to Miramar beach.
“We demand that an FIR be filed against Parrikar for complete negligence. Those who have abetted the offence are equal culprits and responsible,” Goa Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Shantaram Naik said.
Lucky 7, promoted by Golden Globe Hotel Private Limited (GGHPL), owned by former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, which was allowed to enter River Mandovi following directions from the High Court had drifted toward Miramar beach in July. It continues to remain at the beach, as towing efforts have not been successful.
According to a Herald report, Naik accused Parrikar of using the recent Assembly session for electioneering purposes by introducing and passing various demands and legislations. “Parrikar used the floor of the House for canvassing for Panjim by-elections,” he said.
He accused the Chief Minister for misusing his official residence for meeting people for political campaigns in violation of the code of conduct. However, the former MP refused to file any complaint before the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) in this regard, reports Herald.
- Parrikar plans to relocate Casinos to Mopa, send property rates soaring to help BJP make its new airport viable
- 3 Goa Congress MLAs who cross-voted in Presidential Election “gifted” Rs 15 lakh, boasts senior BJP leader
- Goa news: Withdraw & save your prestige: Parrikar to Cong
- Babush paid Rs 5 crore to campaign for Parrikar, Ashok Naik threatened, alleges GCAF
- Goa Bypolls: MLAs Ravi Naik, Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco hit campaign trail, go door-to-door with Cong candidates
- Atanasio Babush Monserrate confirms he will contest as the Congress candidate against Manohar Parrikar from Panaji
- Parrikar has insulted Hindus, he is a failure and disgrace to Goa and India, he must definitely lose by-polls: Shiv Sena
- State Machinery, Ministers on behalf of Parrikar, intimidated Panjim, Valpoi voters, even as 75% voting recorded in Goa by-polls
- Manohar Parrikar a complete failure during his reign as DM, says Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray
- All drug dealers, corrupt police officials known to Michael Lobo who ‘protects’ and negotiates deals: Micky Pacheco
- Michael Lobo chief fixer and negotiator, shielding drug dealers, corrupt policemen: Micky Pacheco
- Saamna editorial not based on ‘fake’ news, but on Parrikar’s failed performance as DM: Shiv Sena
- Parrikar misusing State infra, machinery, should have resigned as CM: Shiv Sena
- Shiv Sena says party ‘prays’ for Manohar Parrikar’s defeat in Assembly bypoll
- Confirmed: Manohar Parrikar to contest by-polls from Panaji, as Atanasio Monserrate decides to stay away