More than two weeks before the first vote is cast for the MBMC elections, the Congress opened its account on Thursday itself after one of their candidates Uma Sapar, from panel number 22 in Mira Road was elected unopposed.
This thanks to a gaffe by her lone Shiv Sena rival-Daksha Gupta who failed to submit the receipt of her caste validation on time despite a notification issued by the returning officer.
The candidature was rejected during the scrutiny process paving way for Sapar’s unopposed victory, as apart from the Congress and Shiv Sena no other candidates had filed nominations from ward number 22 (a).
SOURCE & CREDITS: AFTERNOON DESPATCH & COURIER
- Mira Bhayandar news: BJP Corporator Dr Nayana Vasani’s nomination rejected for concealing criminal case
- MBMC Elections: Scared of defections, Parties hold back final candidate lists in Mira Bhayandar
- Mira-Bhayandar news: BJP, Shiv Sena and Congress set to spend totally over Rs 20 crore on MBMC polls
- MBMC polls: BJP leaders Rohini Kadam, Sharad Patil fume as party issues duplicate forms to others
- MBMC polls: Shiv Sena goes out of its way to woo Gujarati voters in Mira Bhayandar
- MBMC Poll Gossip: Ward No 5, BJP Candidate Meghna D Rawal’s Rs 3 crore BJP ticket?
- Mira-Bhayandar news: MBMC set to spend nearly Rs 4 crore for its civic elections slated for August 20
- NCP candidate Larsen D’almeida (Ward No 12) alleges Muzaffar Hussain and Mira Bhayandar Congress unit cheated him
- As BJP and Sena contest MBMC polls separately, Gilbert Mendonca will be the kingmaker
- Mira Bhayander civic polls: Congress puts candidates to Marathi test
- NCP, Bahujan Vikas Aghadi and Mira Bhayandar Sangharsh Morcha to put up a unified fight against BJP in MBMC elections
- BJP distributing cash, gifts in Bhayandar East, Mira Road, allege rivals
- MBMC Elections: Shiv Sena announces sops, flats up to 500 sq ft not to be taxed in Mira Bhayandar
- Old-timers and loyalists fume as ‘imported’ candidates crowd BJP-Sena list in MBMC elections
- MBMC polls: 15 MBMC staffers face FIR, for skipping election duties