The Goa Citizens Action Forum (GCAF) which is carrying out its own private Citizens’ Investigation into the desecration of religious structures in Goa today said that the arrested accused person Francis Pereira was part of a 3-man gang of criminals hired to create communal disturbances in Goa by damaging, vandalizing and desecrating religious structures of different religions in Goa.
We have some more names of possible accomplices as well as the mastermind behind the act. It is possible that the vandals worked individually and not as a team. Or it is also possible that Francis Pereira was the fall guy and others were only instructing him. But we will not reveal any more information until we have have the evidence against the culprits credible enough to stand scrutiny in a court of law. The Goa police are carrying on their own investigations and interrogation of Francis Pereira in police custody is going on. It would be incorrect to make any statements at this point, said the GCAF.
Firoz Ahmed Khan, spokesperson for Goa Citizens Action Forum has alleged that Francis Pereira was part of a gang hired to create communal disturbances in the State with the mastermind based outside Goa.
Spokesperson for the GCAF, Firoz Ahmed Khan speaking to IndiaScribes.com editor Flynn Remedios refused on comment on who had hired the services of Francis Pereira and only said that they will “reveal more details when the time is right and we have the proof.” Khan admitted that the GCAF did not expect a Christian to be involved as part of the gang and were initially working on a different angle, but claimed that Francis was hardly a “Christian” as he was a christian only by name. He had given up the faith a long time ago, and was a small-time thief and scoundrel and a menace to society, Khan said, adding that “Francis is only a tip of the iceberg. There are other people involved. Francis being slightly insane and partly senile goofed up and was caught by the cops as he used his own personal vehicle for all his attacks and his vehicle cropped up on the police radar and at check points and naka bandis where the cops were monitoring and noting down vehicle registration details for the last one month.”
“No wonder Francis had such a huge bank deposit and multiple FDs or fixed deposits. This has been going on for some time now and Francis is a hired, paid thug. The kingpin is probably out of the state and his other accomplices have already left Goa for the safe havens of their own states. Francis would also work as a paid political election-time worker for the highest bidder and would get involved with which ever party paid him higher wages. He used his vehicle to ferry election workers or political party workers during rallies and demonstrations for some years now and that is how he came in to contact with the masterminds who hired him on a full-time basis to disturb and rupture the communal fabric of Goa,” said Khan.
“There are chances that Francis never met or interacted directly with the criminal masterminds who hired him. There must be some local in Goa who was the go-between as Francis being the loud-mouth showoff that he is, no shrewd criminal would risk dealing with him directly. It is also possible that Francis does not know who the other members of the criminal gang are and the mastermind may have made it seem to Francis that he was the sole agent on the job. Francis could also be a pawn in the entire setup,” Khan explained.
Meanwhile, days after Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar termed the act of series of desecrations “a solo act”, the Goa Congress on Monday suspected that there might be more than one person involved in the crimes as reported by the Herald.
The Congress Legislative Party (CLP) met Monday morning to decide its strategy and corner the government on various issues right from desecration of religious structures, thefts, murders, drugs, casinos, etc during the monsoon session of the Assembly, beginning on Tuesday, reports Herald.
Addressing media persons after the meeting, Leader of the Opposition Chandrakant Kavalekar said it is not possible to believe that only one person (Francis Pereira) could have committed such massive desecration. “It is not a solo act. There has to be involvement of other people. Police need to investigate in that direction. The desecration did not happen at one place but several places. It is not possible for one person to commit such a crime,” he said.
The police last week arrested 50-year-old Francis Pereira for the desecrations of religious places including crosses, who has admitted having committed the crime.
Kavalekar said the Congress MLAs are geared up to corner the government on various issues like drug peddling, casinos, thefts, murders, etc. “We don’t want people to blame us for creating a ruckus in the House and stalling the Assembly session. Hence, we want the government to be prepared on these issues,” he said.
The Congress leader claimed that BJP failed to fulfill the promises made in 2012 and now will have to answer the people on the Floor of the House.
- Parrikar interfered and stalled police investigation, did not take things seriously, only blamed Congress and did not push police for results, alleges GCAF
- Former Goa CMs Parrikar, Parsekar and ex-MLA Mandrekar directly responsible for Rs 16-crore illegal Siolim Jetty scam, in conspiracy with WRD officials, alleges GCAF
- Lobo is more excited, he has been more hurt, says Vijai Sardesai as he disagrees with Michael Lobo on “Cross Vandalism” CBI probe
- After Sadhvi Saraswati, BJP’s dadagiri in Goa: GCAF to move High Court over Amit Shah meeting at Airport
- Guardian Angel Cemetery desecration conspiracy hatched by Sanatan at Ponda, executed by hired thugs from MP: GCAF
- Amit Shah Meet: Goa BJP leaders coerced and threatened Dabolim airport and CISF officials, told them to shut up, mind their own business?
- Parrikar admits he wanted Green Tribunal shifted to Delhi, GCAF alleges builder lobby ‘bribed’ him for NGT transfer
- Coastal police stations in Goa earn Rs 5 to 8 lakh per month from drug trade: GCAF
- Ponda group Sanatan Sanstha, Sadhvi Saraswati’s thugs from outside Goa, behind vandalisation of crosses, idols in Goa, alleges GCAF
- All drug dealers, corrupt police officials known to Michael Lobo who ‘protects’ and negotiates deals: Micky Pacheco
- Francis Pereira’s arrest and attempts to prove him guilty are only a diversion, says Church fact-finding team
- Michael Lobo chief fixer and negotiator, shielding drug dealers, corrupt policemen: Micky Pacheco
- Goa desecrations: Police hiding evidence, fabricating stories under political pressure: Church
- How Nilesh Cabral’s version of Francis Pereira’s statements completely differs from Parrikar’s
- Goa Church: Parrikar and 2 other politicians manipulated desecration probe, Francis made scapegoat, real culprits still free