Panaji: On a day Congress was scampering to find a “credible candidate”for the Panaji seat, CM Manohar Parrikar dished out some advice to them:
Withdraw from the fray and save yourself from further embarrassment.”If the Congress had taken a stand to not contest, their prestige would have risen. Keeping their cards close to their chest and not contesting would have been better than this embarrassment right now, where they cannot get a candidate. They could have just said that he is the chief minister so we leave the seat, let him get elected unopposed.” Parrikar, who is expected to file his nomination papers on Wednesday, told a gathering of party workers.
Telling his partymen to ensure a high turnout and ensure a record winning marging for BJP, Parrikar praised former Panaji mayor and four-time BJP mandal president Ashok Naik, who rejected a Congress ticket.”I think Ashok Naik has remained true to his roots and has kept his origins intact.
He has recognised that he is part of BJP and thus he cannot be a Congress candidate. I am grateful to him,” Parrikar, a five-time MLA from Panaji, said.
Making a fervent appeal to the party workers to rally behind him and to also convince voters sitting on the fence, Parrikar promised to complete all infrastructure and development works in Panaji within a year.
“For Panaji’s development, especially its infrastructure, all the works will be completed 365 days after the results are declared. Till date, I have just made announcements.”
SOURCE & CREDITS: TIMES OF INDIA
- Babush paid Rs 5 crore to campaign for Parrikar, Ashok Naik threatened, alleges GCAF
- 3 Goa Congress MLAs who cross-voted in Presidential Election “gifted” Rs 15 lakh, boasts senior BJP leader
- Parrikar plans to relocate Casinos to Mopa, send property rates soaring to help BJP make its new airport viable
- Confirmed: Manohar Parrikar to contest by-polls from Panaji, as Atanasio Monserrate decides to stay away
- Panaji Bypolls: Is Atanasio Babush Monseratte compromised by Parrikar and BJP?
- Atanasio Babush Monserrate confirms he will contest as the Congress candidate against Manohar Parrikar from Panaji
- Cong demands FIR as Casino Lucky 7 salvage operation postponed once again
- Goa Bypolls: MLAs Ravi Naik, Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco hit campaign trail, go door-to-door with Cong candidates
- Parrikar misusing State infra, machinery, should have resigned as CM: Shiv Sena
- State Machinery, Ministers on behalf of Parrikar, intimidated Panjim, Valpoi voters, even as 75% voting recorded in Goa by-polls
- Parrikar must lose the elections: Shiv Sena Mouthpiece Attacks Manohar Parrikar’
- Shiv Sena says party ‘prays’ for Manohar Parrikar’s defeat in Assembly bypoll
- Parrikar has insulted Hindus, he is a failure and disgrace to Goa and India, he must definitely lose by-polls: Shiv Sena
- Saamna editorial not based on ‘fake’ news, but on Parrikar’s failed performance as DM: Shiv Sena
- Manohar Parrikar a complete failure during his reign as DM, says Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray