NEW DELHI: (NDTV) Opposition Congress today claimed in Lok Sabha that its MLAs in Gujarat were being offered Rs. 15 crore in return of support to the BJP and being pressurised by the ruling party in the state.
As soon as the House assembled, Congress leader in Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge raised the issue of political situation in Gujarat, from where Congress shifted its legislators to Karnataka fearing poaching allegedly by the BJP ahead of the August 8 Rajya Sabha elections.
Ruling BJP has fielded three members including party president Amit Shah, union minister Smriti Irani and a rebel Congress legislator who joined the BJP ahead of the election. He will contest against Ahmed Patel, Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s political adviser, who is also seeking re-election to the Rajya Sabha.
“The Congress MLAs are being put under pressure,” Mr Kharge alleged amidst the protests and counter-protests by Congress and BJP members respectively.
Congress chief whip Jyotiraditya Scindia too alleged that each of the Congress MLAs in Gujarat were offered Rs. 15 crore in return of supporting the BJP.
Both Mr Kharge and Mr Scindia wanted a discussion on the issue in the House. However, Speaker Sumitra Mahajan rejected the demand saying it was a subject relating to a state and cannot be discussed in the House.
SOURCE & CREDITS: NDTV
- Sonia Gandhi’s clout, age and charisma work: Rahul Gandhi may not be 2019 face, as Congress gears up for major reshuffle in coming months
- Amit Shah Meet: Goa BJP leaders coerced and threatened Dabolim airport and CISF officials, told them to shut up, mind their own business?
- Presidential poll: PM Modi picks 71-year-old saffron loyalist Ram Nath Kovind who is now Bihar governor
- Shantaram Naik is Cong Rajya Sabha candidate, GFP’s Suraj Lotlikar dropped after Vijai Sardesai’s disinterest
- Rajya Sabha MP Shantaram Naik likely to head Goa Congress as Sonia Gandhi accepts Luizinho Faleiro’s resignation
- BJP’s Presidential Candidate Nominee Ramnath Kovind – A Bogus Dalit
- Goa Congress rips into Amit Shah’s Party Meeting Inside Goa Airport
- Politicians and Babus to come together at Swasth Zindagi – World’s Largest Medical Camp at Surat on 29th October 2017
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani to inaugurate Swasth Zindagi – World’s Largest Medical Camp at Surat on 29th October 2017
- Latest genome mapping technology to be used to study Cow Urine, after Govt Official Recovers From ‘Serious Illness’
- After Sadhvi Saraswati, BJP’s dadagiri in Goa: GCAF to move High Court over Amit Shah meeting at Airport
- BJP meeting at Dabolim airport was illegal, no permission was issued: Airport director
- HC Raps AAI for Allowing Amit Shah’s Party Meeting Within Goa Airport Premises
- Muslims, Christians not Indian, so cannot get quota in education, jobs: this communally biased man Ramnath Kovind is going to be India’s next President
- Complaint filed by Adv Aires Rodrigues over Goa BJP meeting at Dabolim airport premises