The posh residential area of Evershine Nagar, Malad West has become one big garbage dump.
At several locations in the area, garbage is seen strewn across the sidewalk and stray dogs are seen further adding to the misery of pedestrians by scattering the garbage over longer distances.
The India Against Corruption and Communalism Forum (IACC) has strongly criticized the MCGM department as well as the local ward officer.
Says Megha Singh of the IACC, the local corporator Jaya Satnam Singh Tiwana is not available to meet us in spite of several attempts to contact her regarding the cleaning and garbage removal problems in Malad Evershine Nagar which have been going on for the last 10 days.
Bhagwat Rathod, a resident of Evershine Nagar, also complained about the lack of interest shown by the BJP corporator. “The corporator has an office just next to the location where the garbage is dumped. But they are not least bothered. They only come to ask for votes. The garbage is lying on the road for the last 3-4 days. The monsoon has set in and the rotting garbage presents a major health risk to the citizens of Evershine Nagar,” Rathod said.
IndiaScribes.com reporters visited Evershine Nagar on 4 different days from 16 June to 20th June, after complaints from several residents and found garbage strewn on the roads on all the days. The garbage dump next to Udaygiri Building is just opposite the Ryan International school and young students face a high risk of infection.
The local ward officer as well as concerned officials at the Ward Office were not available for comment and refused to speak to an IndiaScribes.com journalist on the grounds that they are not permited to speak to the media.
Editor’s Note: One of the persons interviewed in the article above, has sent us the inputs below. He states that after this article was published the garbage was cleaned up promptly and initiatives taken up the local corporator to clean up the entire area. His Letter to the Editor has only been edited for grammatical errors.
Bhagwat Rathod is a social worker and not a public enemy. He thinks for the betterment of society. People from Evershine Nagar should be aware of many other things. Great initiative taken by BJP corporator Smt Jaya Tiwana to clean up the garbage promptly. She has also looked into the timing of BMC garbage collection trucks. It is the fault of BMC that people are blaming social workers and corporators. Smt Jaya Tiwana has also taken up the program of waste management and created awareness of garbage and waste disposal. The work of Swach Bharat Abhiyaan has been taken up promptly. In the past 10-15 days garbage trucks are working in Malad day and night under the good leadership the priority of poor people should come first – Bhagwat Rathod.
- Gopal Kanda’s GGHPL paid Rs 5 cr in “bribes” to get Approvals to Move Casino ship MV Lucky 7 to Mandovi river during the monsoon, alleges IACC
- SHAME: Rohan Khaunte, Vijay Sardesai support “communal” NDA2 presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind, says IACC
- Sadhvi Saraswati must be hanged for disrespecting the Indian Constitution: Goa MLA Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco slams Sadhvi for comments on beef, demands FIR
- Nevada Putman Celebrates Christmas with Evershine Mitra Mandal at Evershine Nagar
- Illegal hookah bar atop Aura Hotel, Evershine Nagar, Malad West demolished
- Vega Helmets Blind Walkathon to be held on 7th Feb at EverShine Nagar, Malad
- Hindu Rashtra Conclave in Goa calls for violence against “Secular Hindus”, beef eaters, IACC demands strict legal action against organizers for instigating communal violence
- Indian Spiderman Gaurav Sharma rocks Nevada Putman’s Dahi Handi at Evershine Nagar as Janmashtami fever grips Mumbai
- Over 5000 devotees pay farewell to Evershine Mitra Mandal Ganpati, join Bappa’s Visarjan with Nevada Putman
- Unused Gokuldham Maternity Home at Goregaon East turned into drugs and sex den: Building to be renovated soon, says BMC
- BJP distributing cash, gifts in Bhayandar East, Mira Road, allege rivals
- BB 11 Arshi Khan teams up with NGOs R K HIV AIDS & Nevada Putman Foundation to host World’s Largest Health Camp at Malad
- Four years after illegal construction, BMC demolishes actor Arshad Warsi’s partly illegal Versova bungalow
- Bombay High Court refuses permission to cut mangroves in Mira-Bhayander creeks
- Over 20 illegal ‘ladies dance bars’ double up as pick up points for call girls and drug peddlers in Mira-Bhyandar