Panaji, Jul 1 (PTI): Goa’s lone Rajya Sabha MP Shantaram Naik today said India needs a “full time” defence minister considering the threat perception to the nation from the neighbouring countries.
“The threats given by China and the killings of our soldiers on the border with Pakistan demand that India should have a full time defence minister,” the Congress leader said.
“Chinese threat is looming large along the Sino-India border. Indians have been denied permission to visit the Kailash Mansarovar (through Nathu La). China is reminding us of the 1962 war,” he said in an e-mail to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley took additional charge of the Defence Ministry in March after incumbent defence minister Manohar Parrikar stepped down to go back to Goa as Chief Minister.
“The absence of a full time defence minister, with one bureaucrat, Ajit Doval (the National Security Advisor), running the defence ministry, has further encouraged the Chinese to believe that India cannot do anything beyond empty rhetoric,” he alleged.
Naik also criticised the GST rollout celebrations saying, “Your (the Centre’s) focus in celebrating the GST regime and fooling the people, just as the government did during demonetisation, will not help the nation.
SOURCE & CREDIT: PTI
- Shiv Sena says party ‘prays’ for Manohar Parrikar’s defeat in Assembly bypoll
- SHOCKING: India does not have enough ammunition to survive even a 10-day war
- Parrikar must lose the elections: Shiv Sena Mouthpiece Attacks Manohar Parrikar’
- Complaint filed by Adv Aires Rodrigues over Goa BJP meeting at Dabolim airport premises
- Sadhvi Saraswati Hindu Rashtra Conclave: Why Goa Police, Govt granted permission and clearance for controversial event, asks IndiaScribes.com
- Parrikar misusing State infra, machinery, should have resigned as CM: Shiv Sena
- Sadhvi Saraswati: “Goans must understand they live in Hindustan and not Portugal, I stand by my statements on hanging beef eaters”
- After Sadhvi Saraswati, BJP’s dadagiri in Goa: GCAF to move High Court over Amit Shah meeting at Airport
- Presidential poll: PM Modi picks 71-year-old saffron loyalist Ram Nath Kovind who is now Bihar governor
- Ponda group Sanatan Sanstha, Sadhvi Saraswati’s thugs from outside Goa, behind vandalisation of crosses, idols in Goa, alleges GCAF
- Rightist Ponda group behind desecration of crosses, cemeteries, Parrikar must resign as he has failed, demands Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco
- Goa BJP, Nilesh Cabral did not condemn Sadhvi Saraswati’s provocative statements, now why condemn Church on desecration: Congress
- “Goa Police are clueless,” shouts BJP MLA Michael Lobo, even as DGP swears that all possible measures being taken to find people behind desecration
- Guardian Angel Cemetery desecration conspiracy hatched by Sanatan at Ponda, executed by hired thugs from MP: GCAF
- Parrikar interfered and stalled police investigation, did not take things seriously, only blamed Congress and did not push police for results, alleges GCAF