India Scribes (IndiaScribes.com) – a news portal with a geographical focus on the tourist state of Goa, has launched a unique, innovative and creative form of protest to demonstrate against the communal elements who have been desecrating crosses and other religious symbols in Goa.
Over the last one month nearly 11 crosses have been damaged or vandalized and in one incident nearly 100 religious symbols were desecrated at the Guardian Angel Cemetery in Goa. The police till date have been unsuccessful in nailing any culprits and the acts are carried out under the cover of darkness between 3 to 4 am.
To protest against the happenings in Goa, defeat the dastardly intentions of communal forces and express solidarity with the Catholic community in Goa, India Scribes has invited people of all faiths and religions to change their Facebook and WhatsApp DPs (display profile picture) to that of a cross for at least 2 days or 48 hours, with the letters #It’sMyCross like the one in the image below:
There is no limit to how long you can hold the DP picture. Those who wish to continue the protest can continue to hold the DP images for a week.
According to a spokesperson for India Scribes, you can either download the image above (and below) and use it as your DP or make your own image. The image must have the words #It’sMyCross with along with the image of a cross.
India Scribes has appealed to people of all communities in Goa including Hindus and Muslims to support this campaign and defeat the vested interests and communal elements who are trying to destroy the peace and harmony in Goa.
- Christians, Muslims condemn hate campaign, polarisation in Goa and selective targeting of community-based-economy
- Is Parrikar “fed up” of Vijai? BJP-GFP honeymoon over as cracks surface in Goa coalition
- Parrikar does yet another U-turn, after asserting that desecrations were a well-planned act, one day later claims they are a ‘solo act’ and one-man-show
- Parrikar plans to relocate Casinos to Mopa, send property rates soaring to help BJP make its new airport viable
- Rightist Ponda group behind desecration of crosses, cemeteries, Parrikar must resign as he has failed, demands Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco
- Health Centres in Goa run out of life-saving medicines as in CM Parrikar’s Panaji constituency, diabetes and other essential medicines not available
- Lobo is more excited, he has been more hurt, says Vijai Sardesai as he disagrees with Michael Lobo on “Cross Vandalism” CBI probe
- Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign
- Over 20 illegal ‘ladies dance bars’ double up as pick up points for call girls and drug peddlers in Mira-Bhyandar
- Bevy of film and Tv personalities to be in attendance at the 13th R K Excellence National Awards
- Was the Holy Spirit Church or Margao church designed and built according to an astronomical calculation?
- Sadhvi Saraswati must be hanged for disrespecting the Indian Constitution: Goa MLA Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco slams Sadhvi for comments on beef, demands FIR
- Amit Shah Meet: Goa BJP leaders coerced and threatened Dabolim airport and CISF officials, told them to shut up, mind their own business?
- Time not yet right, but Goa Congress intensifies efforts to topple Parrikar-led Goa Govt
- Now parties, music can go on all night long in Goa as Govt plans special zones for late night music festivals