BY MIRA BHAYANDARWALLA: We were on our visit to several candidates today in the Mira-Bhayandar area where campaigning for the MBMC elections is in full swing.
During election time, all skeletons come rumbling out of the closets. Today, several candidates told us how the BJP candidate from Ward No 5, Meghna D Rawal paid Rs 3 crore to get a ticket.
Now we are not sure if Rawal actually paid this amount, but this is what we heard from several candidates from different parties, including one candidate from the BJP unit itself.
A BJP party worker boasted to Mira Bhayandarwalla that BJP MLA Narendra Mehta had demanded Rs 5 crore for the ticket, which was later on settled for Rs 3 crore. He also claimed that Narendra bhai has kept some of the money for himself and shared the rest of the cash between other “poor BJP candidates” to support them in their election expenses.
However, we wonder what election expenses he was talking about, as none of the candidates whom we visited from different parties even offered us a glass of water – forget about a cup of tea – though it was raining and a hot cuppa chai would have really helped.
- Bar owners may soon rule Mira Bhayandar, as BJP MLA Narendra Mehta hands out tickets to hoteliers
- BJP distributing cash, gifts in Bhayandar East, Mira Road, allege rivals
- Scrap toll on local 4-Wheelers at Dahisar Toll Naka from Mira Bhayandar demands Mira Bhayandar Citizens Action Forum (MBCAF)
- NCP candidate Larsen D’almeida (Ward No 12) alleges Muzaffar Hussain and Mira Bhayandar Congress unit cheated him
- MBMC polls: Shiv Sena goes out of its way to woo Gujarati voters in Mira Bhayandar
- MBMC Elections: Shiv Sena announces sops, flats up to 500 sq ft not to be taxed in Mira Bhayandar
- Mira Bhayander civic polls: Congress puts candidates to Marathi test
- As BJP and Sena contest MBMC polls separately, Gilbert Mendonca will be the kingmaker
- Visiting card helps cops crack Mira Road murder
- Ro-ros to row cars across sea along Mumbai’s west coast by 2019
- MBMC polls: BJP MLA Narendra Mehta “selling tickets” for Rs 50-75 lakh, alleges Sharad Patil
- MBMC polls: BJP leaders Rohini Kadam, Sharad Patil fume as party issues duplicate forms to others
- Mira-Bhayandar news: BJP, Shiv Sena and Congress set to spend totally over Rs 20 crore on MBMC polls
- Old-timers and loyalists fume as ‘imported’ candidates crowd BJP-Sena list in MBMC elections
- Even Before MBMC Polls, Congress Candidate Uma Sapar Wins Unopposed