Apart from the goof-up in distribution of tickets in the Mira Bhayandar Corporation Elections, issuance of double AB (forms mentioning the official party candidate) forms for the same seats in a couple of panels led to further chaos and confusion in the BJP.
Veteran BJP leader Sharad Patil and another strong contender Rohini Kadam were left fuming after learning that the party had already given the AB forms to other nominees as well. This left them tagged them as independent candidates if they wished to contest the polls.
“It’s nothing but a calculated conspiracy, first they shifted me from my traditional ward then they played this dirty trick to ensure my withdrawal.” alleged Patil.
Form ‘A’ is the declaration of members empowered by the registered political party to nominate the candidates and ‘B’ the letter of nomination.
SOURCE & CREDITS: AFTERNOON DESPATCH & COURIER
- MBMC polls: BJP MLA Narendra Mehta “selling tickets” for Rs 50-75 lakh, alleges Sharad Patil
- MBMC polls: Shiv Sena goes out of its way to woo Gujarati voters in Mira Bhayandar
- MBMC Poll Gossip: Ward No 5, BJP Candidate Meghna D Rawal’s Rs 3 crore BJP ticket?
- Old-timers and loyalists fume as ‘imported’ candidates crowd BJP-Sena list in MBMC elections
- MBMC Elections: Scared of defections, Parties hold back final candidate lists in Mira Bhayandar
- Mira Bhayandar news: BJP Corporator Dr Nayana Vasani’s nomination rejected for concealing criminal case
- Even Before MBMC Polls, Congress Candidate Uma Sapar Wins Unopposed
- As BJP and Sena contest MBMC polls separately, Gilbert Mendonca will be the kingmaker
- NCP, Bahujan Vikas Aghadi and Mira Bhayandar Sangharsh Morcha to put up a unified fight against BJP in MBMC elections
- Mira Bhayander civic polls: Congress puts candidates to Marathi test
- Mira-Bhayandar news: BJP, Shiv Sena and Congress set to spend totally over Rs 20 crore on MBMC polls
- Mira-Bhayandar news: MBMC set to spend nearly Rs 4 crore for its civic elections slated for August 20
- NCP candidate Larsen D’almeida (Ward No 12) alleges Muzaffar Hussain and Mira Bhayandar Congress unit cheated him
- BJP distributing cash, gifts in Bhayandar East, Mira Road, allege rivals
- Scrap toll on local 4-Wheelers at Dahisar Toll Naka from Mira Bhayandar demands Mira Bhayandar Citizens Action Forum (MBCAF)