Former Goa Chief Minister Pratapsinh Rane today alleged that plants used for making narcotic drugs are being cultivated along the state’s border with Maharashtra.
Rane was apparently referring to cultivation of cannabis, the allegations which he had made in the past on the floor of the House.
“There are some areas along the Tillari belt where the farmers have grown banana trees. And in between them, they are cultivating the plants which are used to make drugs,” Rane informed the members during the ongoing assembly session.
“Last time I had mentioned about this issue of plants which are used to make drugs in the assembly. The Chief Minister had then sent one police officer to me,” said Rane.
The senior Congress leader said the drug menace has reached villages of Goa including his constituency.
“The drugs are finding their way into colleges and schools of the state,” he said.
“Kindly see that whoever is involved in the drug trade should be punished,” he said demanding strict action against the culprits.
“In Singapore, when you land at the airport you are given a pamphlet which informs about the dos and dont’s. There is a death penalty for carrying drugs there,” he pointed out.
SOURCE & CREDITS: PTI
- BJP’s Vishwajit Rane confirms his father and senior Congress leader Pratapsinh Rane will not campaign against him in the Valpoi bypolls
- Michael Lobo chief fixer and negotiator, shielding drug dealers, corrupt policemen: Micky Pacheco
- What info on drugs does the Goa CM want? Is the Goa Govt afraid to arrest Rocky Shravan – one of the biggest drug peddlers and pimps operating in Goa
- With Cabinet Ministers interrogating accused, making statements, probe into desecrations compromised
- High Court admits Vishwajit Rane’s disqualification petition; refuses interim stay for contesting a by-election
- Confirmed: Manohar Parrikar to contest by-polls from Panaji, as Atanasio Monserrate decides to stay away
- Preliminary tests confirm drug overdose in Anjuna deaths, as police crack down on small peddlers, party organisers
- HC Raps AAI for Allowing Amit Shah’s Party Meeting Within Goa Airport Premises
- Social activist Adv Aires Rodrigues moves Bombay HC on Amit Shah’s meet at Goa airport
- Goa Congress rips into Amit Shah’s Party Meeting Inside Goa Airport
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar once got caught watching an Adult Movie
- Alina Saldanha calls for ban on Sadhvi Saraswati, expresses shock over vandalism at cemetery
- Anjuna locals angry as illegal hill excavation destroys ‘scenic’ spot
- Parrikar admits desecrations ‘well-planned conspiracy involving many’, but rules out CBI inquiry, tells Michael Lobo to give Goa police a chance
- People like Sadhvi Saraswati who advocate hatred must be arrested and banned from entering Goa: Michael Lobo