Panaji: Deputy speaker and Calangute MLA Michael Lobo said Goa police have failed to identify the culprits involved in the incidents of desecration of crosses. If they can’t arrest those involved, the investigation should be handed over to the CBI, he said at a press conference on Monday.
Lobo said he suspects an “outside hand” in the repeated incidents of desecration of crosses over the last few days and this has to be stopped. “Investigation has to be handed over to the CBI if Goa police are unable to nab the culprits. Goa police are not working,” said Lobo.
The Calangute MLA, who has always been vociferous, said he will take up this matter with chief minister Manohar Parrikar once he returns from his trip to the US. Parrikar is scheduled to return from his week-long tour on Wednesday evening.
Saying the people were let down by the police, Lobo said “Somewhere, something is wrong” and suggested that police reintroduce the methods it had adopted a few years ago when similar incidents of vandalism were reported in Goa.
Although he denied there was a law and order problem in the state, Lobo said,”Somebody is trying to create such a problem.”
SOURCE & CREDITS: TIMES OF INDIA
- Parrikar admits desecrations ‘well-planned conspiracy involving many’, but rules out CBI inquiry, tells Michael Lobo to give Goa police a chance
- “Goa Police are clueless,” shouts BJP MLA Michael Lobo, even as DGP swears that all possible measures being taken to find people behind desecration
- Sting operation reveals Parrikar manipulated desecration probe, forced Goa Police to nail Francis as sole culprit
- Parrikar interfered and stalled police investigation, did not take things seriously, only blamed Congress and did not push police for results, alleges GCAF
- Lobo is more excited, he has been more hurt, says Vijai Sardesai as he disagrees with Michael Lobo on “Cross Vandalism” CBI probe
- Ponda group Sanatan Sanstha, Sadhvi Saraswati’s thugs from outside Goa, behind vandalisation of crosses, idols in Goa, alleges GCAF
- All drug dealers, corrupt police officials known to Michael Lobo who ‘protects’ and negotiates deals: Micky Pacheco
- Michael Lobo chief fixer and negotiator, shielding drug dealers, corrupt policemen: Micky Pacheco
- People like Sadhvi Saraswati who advocate hatred must be arrested and banned from entering Goa: Michael Lobo
- Guardian Angel Cemetery desecration conspiracy hatched by Sanatan at Ponda, executed by hired thugs from MP: GCAF
- Manohar Parrikar a complete failure during his reign as DM, says Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray
- Tourists harassed by traffic police: As road accidents in Goa mount, MLA Michael Lobo says cops must not fine visitors for minor violations
- Alina Saldanha calls for ban on Sadhvi Saraswati, expresses shock over vandalism at cemetery
- Panaji Bypolls: Is Atanasio Babush Monseratte compromised by Parrikar and BJP?
- Church debunks Parrikar’s ‘solo act’ and SP Gawas’s ‘one man squad’ theory, demands judicial probe in serial desecration