Panaji: Two more holy crosses were allegedly desecrated by unidentified persons in Curchorem town of South Goa on Wednesday, police said.
According to inspector Shivram Vaingankar of Curchorem police station, the crosses were desecrated when policemen, who had been patrolling the area all through the night, left the spot this morning.
The crosses were located in Xelvona and Curchorem town areas, the police official told PTI.
Despite the police beefing up security in the communally sensitive pockets of South Goa, the sanctity of religious symbols, continues to be violated.
Two crosses were desecrated in Quepem taluk, one near the residence of Curchorem BJP MLA Nilesh Cabral, and another at Shelvon on Curchorem-Chandor road. The incident same came to light on Thursday morning.
Chandan Chowdhary, Superintendent of Police, South Goa, confirmed the new developments regarding vandalism.
After Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar’s intervention, Goa police even deployed Special anti-terrorist squad in the probe of the cases of desecration which first took place on Sunday and Monday, which included crosses and a temple idols being desecrated, all in South Goa.
SOURCE & CREDITS: PTI
- Guardian Angel Cemetery desecration conspiracy hatched by Sanatan at Ponda, executed by hired thugs from MP: GCAF
- Parrikar interfered and stalled police investigation, did not take things seriously, only blamed Congress and did not push police for results, alleges GCAF
- Two more crosses vandalized at Loutolim village today, even as GCAF says Sanatan responsible for desecration
- Rightist Ponda group behind desecration of crosses, cemeteries, Parrikar must resign as he has failed, demands Aleixo Reginaldo Lourenco
- Ponda group Sanatan Sanstha, Sadhvi Saraswati’s thugs from outside Goa, behind vandalisation of crosses, idols in Goa, alleges GCAF
- Goa DGP claims cases of desecration of religious places solved as 50-year-old man arrested
- Francis Pereira’s arrest and attempts to prove him guilty are only a diversion, says Church fact-finding team
- Goa BJP, Nilesh Cabral did not condemn Sadhvi Saraswati’s provocative statements, now why condemn Church on desecration: Congress
- How Nilesh Cabral’s version of Francis Pereira’s statements completely differs from Parrikar’s
- Parrikar plans to relocate Casinos to Mopa, send property rates soaring to help BJP make its new airport viable
- Confirmed: Manohar Parrikar to contest by-polls from Panaji, as Atanasio Monserrate decides to stay away
- 3 Goa Congress MLAs who cross-voted in Presidential Election “gifted” Rs 15 lakh, boasts senior BJP leader
- Goa news: Withdraw & save your prestige: Parrikar to Cong
- Nilesh Cabral blames ‘coalition compulsions’ read MGP, GFP and Vijai Sardesai for Casinos, says BJP against Casinos
- Panaji Bypolls: Is Atanasio Babush Monseratte compromised by Parrikar and BJP?